[xf86-video-ati] Getting rid of warnings

Matthias B. msbREMOVE-THIS at winterdrache.de
Sat Jan 19 12:03:11 PST 2008

I have an LCD monitor connected to DVI and an LCD TV connected to VGA. I
want to use Clone mode with DVI=1280x1024 and TV=1352x761. The latter is a
non-standard mode for which I have constructed my own modeline. I have
managed to get this setup to work with the attached xorg.conf. However I'm
getting the following warnings. I'd like to know what I have to do to get
rid of them or if that's not possible I'd like to know why (because I'm
curious :-). Please enlighten me.

(II) Primary Device is: PCI 01:00:0
(--) Assigning device section with no busID to primary device
(WW) RADEON: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:1:0:1)
found

Xorg -scanpci does indeed show a second entry for my video card (marked
"(Secondary)" with BusID PCI:1:0:1. What do I do with it? Should I create
a Device section for it? And what would I put in there? A copy of the
existing device section?

(WW) RADEON(0): DRI init changed memory map, adjusting ...
(WW) RADEON(0):   MC_FB_LOCATION  was: 0xc7ffc000 is: 0xc7ffc000
(WW) RADEON(0):   MC_AGP_LOCATION was: 0xffffffc0 is: 0xd07fd000

I have absolutely no idea what this means.

(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x23
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x24
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x25
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x26
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x27
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x28
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x29
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2a
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2b
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2c
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2d
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2e
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2f
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x30
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x31
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x32

I have absolutely no idea what this means.

MSB

--
The biggest fallacy of the SETI project is the belief
that TV signals are a sign of intelligence!