modular -> monolithic

Sun Jan 20 20:52:24 PST 2008

David Nusinow wrote:
> For what it's worth, I'd support re-integrating the drivers with the
> server. I have no time to do this now, nor really a major interest at this
> stage, but I think many of us agree that it's the right direction to go.

(replying to you but could have replied to a number of mails here)

Be wary of any technical solution to a social problem. People will just
find ways to work around it.

As Dave, Christoph and David pointed out, the source of the problem is
the mindset of the developers rather than the technology or the setup.

Different technology or a different setup can only aid the solution, but
it won't be the solution itself.

I frankly don't care if the drivers are in or out of the tree. But
merging them into the tree won't fix the actual problem, which seems to
be too little testing before changes are pushed upstream.

Cheers,
   Peter