xf86-video-intel 2.2.1 release testing

Ben E. Hard bve at gmx.de
Tue Jan 22 05:51:37 PST 2008

Hi Gordon,

Am Dienstag, 22. Januar 2008 schrieb Jin, Gordon:
> Jesse is planning to release 2.2.1 soon in this week. So it will be good if
> you could test xf86-video-intel-2.2-branch at this point and report bugs
> asap. You could use the latest released xserver(1.4), Mesa(7.0.2 or
> 7.0.3-rc1), DRM(in the recent kernel).

I tried to compile xf86-video-intel from git on debian lenny and updated
xserver-xorg[-input, dev] first from unstable. I compiled the drm, libdrm,
intel module and mesa as descriped on
http://intellinuxgraphics.org/install.html.

Everthing compiled and I got it working, but bug #13722 still exists and,
secondly, rendering is not working anymore. I found some probably related
message in Xorg.0.log:
(EE) AIGLX error: dlsym for __driCreateNewScreen_20050727 failed
(/usr/lib/dri/i915_dri.so: undefined symbol: __driCreateNewScreen_20050727)
(EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering.

> If you already have bugs reported on fd.o, it will be good to update the
> status of 2.2-branch on the bugzilla. Note the bug#13493 is the blocker bug
> tracker for 2.2.1.
Done.

Greetings,
Ben