xf86-video-intel 2.2.1 release testing

Ben E. Hard bve at gmx.de
Tue Jan 22 08:49:28 PST 2008

Am Dienstag, 22. Januar 2008 schrieb Michel Dänzer:
> On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 14:51 +0100, Ben E. Hard wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 22. Januar 2008 schrieb Jin, Gordon:
> > > Jesse is planning to release 2.2.1 soon in this week. So it will be
> > > good if you could test xf86-video-intel-2.2-branch at this point and
> > > report bugs asap. You could use the latest released xserver(1.4),
> > > Mesa(7.0.2 or 7.0.3-rc1), DRM(in the recent kernel).
> >
> > I tried to compile xf86-video-intel from git on debian lenny and updated
> > xserver-xorg[-input, dev] first from unstable. I compiled the drm,
> > libdrm, intel module and mesa as descriped on
> > http://intellinuxgraphics.org/install.html.
> >
> > Everthing compiled and I got it working, but bug #13722 still exists and,
> > secondly, rendering is not working anymore. I found some probably related
> > message in Xorg.0.log:
> > (EE) AIGLX error: dlsym for __driCreateNewScreen_20050727 failed
> > (/usr/lib/dri/i915_dri.so: undefined symbol:
> > __driCreateNewScreen_20050727) (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software
> > rendering.
>
> mesa Git requires xserver Git for AIGLX to work.
>
> You could use mesa_7_0_branch as suggested above or
> leave /usr/lib/dri/i915_dri.so unchanged from your distro and use the
> mesa Git build from another location on the client side though.

Thanks, that helped. I installed xserver-xorg and dependend packages from
unstable and xf86-video-intel from git. Now i get
~$ glxinfo | grep renderMesa DRI Intel(R)
Failed to initialize TTM buffer manager.  Falling back to classic.
direct rendering: Yes
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 830M 20061102

don't know about the TTM stuff, but at least rendering is ok.

Only my usb-mouse isn't recognized any more. I have a synaptics touchpad and a
usb-mouse, both are configured as follows:
Section "InputDevice"
  Identifier "Configured Mouse"
  Driver "mouse"
  option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
  option "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
  option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
  Identifier "ALPS"
  Driver "synaptics"
  option "CorePointer"
  option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
  option "Device" "/dev/input/event3"
  option "Protocol" "auto-dev"
  option "LeftEdge" "120"
  option "RightEdge" "830"
  option "TopEdge" "120"
  option "BottomEdge" "650"
  option "FingerLow" "14"
  option "FingerHigh" "15"
  option "MaxTapTime" "180"
  option "MaxTapMove" "110"
  option "ClickTime" "0"
  option "EmulateMidButtonTime" "75"
  option "VertEdgeScroll" "on"
  option "HorizEdgeScroll" "on"
  option "VertScrollDelta" "10"
  option "HorizScrollDelta" "10"
  option "MinSpeed" "0.45"
  option "MaxSpeed" "0.75"
  option "AccelFactor" "0.20"
  option "EdgeMotionMinSpeed" "200"
  option "EdgeMotionMaxSpeed" "200"
  option "UpDownScrolling" "1"
  option "CircularScrolling" "on"
  option "CircScrollDelta" "0.1"
  option "CircScrollTrigger" "2"
  option "PalmDedect" "on"
  option "SHMConfig" "on"
  option "VertTwoFingerScroll" "on"
  option "HorizTwoFingerScroll" "on"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
  Identifier "Default Layout"
  Screen "Default Screen"
  InputDevice "Generic Keyboard"
  InputDevice "Configured Mouse" "AlwaysCore"
  InputDevice "ALPS" "CorePointer"
  Option      "AIGLX" "on"
EndSection

And xrandr still thinks, the LVDS is activated, while i810switch tells me,
that it is off (which is correct).

Greetings,
Ben