stripping off "xf86-*-" from drivers

Eamon Walsh ewalsh at tycho.nsa.gov
Tue Jan 22 14:31:02 PST 2008

Dave Airlie wrote:
> On Jan 21, 2008 6:06 PM, Michel Dänzer <michel at tungstengraphics.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 2008-01-20 at 16:19 -0800, David Miller wrote:
>>> The GC private changes for SELINUX were just as bad as the
>>> libpciaccess case, [...]
>> Can you back up that statement? I honestly can't think of any other
>> (free) drivers using GC privates offhand.
>
> Some of them backport the randr code from future servers, intel + ati
> + nv for example..
>
> so while not directly affected we did have to jump through a small
> hoop.. but nothing we wouldn't be doing as part of normal backporting
> in any case..

I am fully aware of my responsibility to make sure the drivers work.
I'm not sure how this slipped under the radar but I did type "make" on
every driver I had checked out.  My apologies for this.  Fixing
regressions associated with the merge has been my first priority.

However, if we're going to make comparisons to the Linux development
model I would point out that cc'ing the relevant people is part of that
process, and I wasn't cc'ed on Dave's patches or the regression bug
report, if any.  Like many of you I subscribe to numerous lists,
including LKML, so I am not able read all list traffic.

I will take a look at the patches that have already been committed and I
will make sure that the same code base compiles under both API versions.
  There should only need to be #ifdef's in one or two places to
accomplish this.  Again I apologize for this, and if there are any other
drivers that need attention please notify me.

--
Eamon Walsh <ewalsh at tycho.nsa.gov>
National Security Agency