Mac mini PPC X.org 1.3.0 (Ubuntu gutsy) and Evesham Alqemi S LCD TV

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Tue Jan 22 17:19:40 PST 2008

I'm trying to get my PPC Mac mini to properly talk to my LCD TV. The
TV has both HDMI and VGA ports; the Mac mini has DVI out. I've tried
using a DVI-HDMI lead (to the HDMI port) and a DVI-VGA adapter and VGA
lead (to the VGA port) and not had a lot of success. I'm running X.org
1.3.0, and with the DVI-HDMI approach I can get 640x480 mode (but no
better). Using DVI-VGA X won't even start. I've tried to collate all
the information I can onto a web page to make it easy to browse: see
http://kryogenix.org/random/alqemi-s/ for details. I have Xorg.0.log
for each configuration, the output of lspci, and so on. If you need
other information, or you'd prefer me to send this output directly to
this list, I'm happy to do what's required! Evesham, the TV
manufacturer, provided me with a list of "display modes", which I've
also added to that page; possibly this would be helpful in
constructing modelines? If someone can point me in a useful direction
that'd be great.

sil

--
New Year's Day --