Mac mini PPC X.org 1.3.0 (Ubuntu gutsy) and Evesham Alqemi S LCD TV

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Wed Jan 23 16:05:17 PST 2008

> > Can I use radeontool regset to set the registers to what they look
> > like after a VT switch? I'm loath to try that sort of thing without
> > checking if it's OK in case I break my TV!
>
> The only register that's relevant here is FP_GEN_CNTL.  Based on your
> diff, it looks like your mini uses internal tmds.  Set Option
> "MacModel" "mini-internal" and try rebooting.

Sadly, that didn't work. However! Once X starts (with the black
screen), if I do:

sudo ./radeontool regset FP_GEN_CNTL $((0x000300cd))

then X appears! No VT switch required!

I'm not sure what this means for the driver -- knowing how to patch
that in for my setup is way above my capabilities -- but presumably I
can drop that into a shell script somewhere as part of the X startup
procedure?

sil

--
New Year's Day --