stripping off "xf86-*-" from drivers

David Miller davem at davemloft.net
Wed Jan 23 17:07:28 PST 2008

From: Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 02:23:57 +1100

> Life outside of the mainstream is hard.

I'm glad we don't share your piss poor attitude about build breakage
in the Linux kernel or else we'd have enormous problems.

I think the input drivers are a better example because everyone,
not just sparc folks, can build those on any system.  Even you.

With the kernel I build thousands of drivers I will never ever use to
make sure the build doesn't break when I apply patches from other
people.  And I push back when build regressions are introduced.

I even have cross build environments installed so that I can test
similarly on other platforms I don't have access too, and I can
automate this if I want.

How hard is this to understand?