Adding MergedFB support to windows manager question?

Jerone Young jerone at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 18:09:29 PST 2008

I have a question for the list concerning MergedFB. I plan on giving a
crack at adding support to Gnome panel , GDM, & Nautilus for Merge FB
but I do have some questions. Currently Gnome tries to determine
position based on screen, but with MergedFB this obviously has issues.
Here are my first set of questions:

1) Is there a function to determine if MergeFB is being used?

2) Since you can no longer determine monitors by screens what can be
used to determine to identify each individual region?

I also found this link on thinkwiki to be usesful in explaining
MergeFB better in this writeup on RandR 1.2:
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Xorg_RandR_1.2