Intel G35 chipset: screen stays black

Rainer Dorsch rdorsch at web.de
Sat Jan 26 10:17:55 PST 2008

Am Samstag, 26. Januar 2008 schrieben Sie:
> On Jan 26, 2008 12:29 PM, Rainer Dorsch <rdorsch at web.de> wrote:
> > The BIOS upgrade did not solve the problem for me either (Debian lenny,
> > 32 bit), there is a minor lspci difference though:
>
> Yes, we figured this out when the bug reporter tried to upgrade
> his BIOS and found no improvement at all. BIOS upgrade was a
> red herring after all.
>
> So now the BIOS hypothesis is out, I can't figure what I did to get
> this working (I must have been accidentally hit by some workaround,
> maybe, but a very unnoticeable one: my setup is quite generic and
> boring). I'm all open to further tests, or to provide infos about my setup,
> if you have suggestions.
>
> Ah, I also did change a handful options in the BIOS. Seems very
> unrelated, but who knows... :
>        power/acpi 2.0 -> enabled
>        boot/fullscreen logo -> disabled
>        main/sata config/configure sata as -> ahci
>        main/ahci config/ahci CD boot timeout -> 5
>        main/legacy diskette A -> disabled
>
> > Can you provide your xorg.conf file somewhere?
>
> It is attached to the bz #14130 bug report .
> And it looks very generic to me :
>
> Section "Device"
>         Identifier      "Carte vidéo générique"
>         Driver          "intel"
>         BusID           "PCI:0:2:0"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Monitor"
>         Identifier      "B_101920"
>         Option          "DPMS"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Screen"
>         Identifier      "Default Screen"
>         Device          "Carte vidéo générique"
>         Monitor         "B_101920"
>         DefaultDepth    24
>         SubSection "Display"
>                 Modes           "1280x1024" "1024x768"
>         EndSubSection
> EndSection
>
> Section "ServerLayout"
>         Identifier      "Default Layout"
>         Screen          "Default Screen"
>         InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
>         InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
> EndSection
>
> (plus 5 unrelated InputDevice sections: that's generated automaticaly
> by Ubuntu's "dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg" helper).

Thanks for the quick reply and the bios settings. I followed your settings,
but I saw no change.

I still have to test your xorg.conf.

You also have the Asus P5E-VM HDMI board, right?

Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch
Lärchenstr. 6
email: rdorsch at web.de
jabber: rdorsch at jabber.org
GPG Fingerprint: 5966 C54C 2B3C 42CC 1F4F  8F59 E3A8 C538 7519 141E
Full GPG key: http://pgp.mit.edu/