xf86-video-intel 2.2.1 release testing

Ben E. Hard bve at gmx.de
Sat Jan 26 11:11:16 PST 2008

Am Dienstag, 22. Januar 2008 schrieb Ben E. Hard:
> Am Dienstag, 22. Januar 2008 schrieb Michel Dänzer:
> > >
> > > I tried to compile xf86-video-intel from git on debian lenny and
> > > updated xserver-xorg[-input, dev] first from unstable. I compiled the
> > > drm, libdrm, intel module and mesa as descriped on
> > > http://intellinuxgraphics.org/install.html.
> > >
> > > Everthing compiled and I got it working, but bug #13722 still exists
> > > and, secondly, rendering is not working anymore. I found some probably
> > > related message in Xorg.0.log:
> > > (EE) AIGLX error: dlsym for __driCreateNewScreen_20050727 failed
> > > (/usr/lib/dri/i915_dri.so: undefined symbol:
> > > __driCreateNewScreen_20050727) (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software
> > > rendering.
> >
> > mesa Git requires xserver Git for AIGLX to work.
> >
> > You could use mesa_7_0_branch as suggested above or
> > leave /usr/lib/dri/i915_dri.so unchanged from your distro and use the
> > mesa Git build from another location on the client side though.
>
> Thanks, that helped. I installed xserver-xorg and dependend packages from
> unstable and xf86-video-intel from git. Now i get
> ~$ glxinfo | grep renderMesa DRI Intel(R)
> Failed to initialize TTM buffer manager.  Falling back to classic.
> direct rendering: Yes
> OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 830M 20061102
>
> don't know about the TTM stuff, but at least rendering is ok.
>
> Only my usb-mouse isn't recognized any more. I have a synaptics touchpad
> and a usb-mouse, both are configured as follows:

USB-mouse works now, but it needed some changes in xorg.conf in the

 Section "ServerLayout"
   Identifier "Default Layout"
   Screen "Default Screen"
   InputDevice "Generic Keyboard"
#   InputDevice "Configured Mouse" "AlwaysCore"
   InputDevice "Configured Mouse" "CorePointer"
   Option      "AIGLX" "on"
 EndSection

instead of the formely:

> Section "ServerLayout"
>   Identifier "Default Layout"
>   Screen "Default Screen"
>   InputDevice "Generic Keyboard"
>   InputDevice "Configured Mouse" "AlwaysCore"
>   InputDevice "ALPS" "CorePointer"
>   Option      "AIGLX" "on"
> EndSection

No idea why, but now the usb-mouse and the touchpad are working.

Greetings,
Ben