XvMC and Intel G33

Zhenyu Wang zhenyu.z.wang at intel.com
Tue Jul 1 19:00:19 PDT 2008

On 2008.06.30 18:56:48 -0400, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> Try playing your file using mplayer -vo xvmc -vc ffmepg12mc ( or some of
> the other filters listed by 'mplayer -vc help')
>
> Note that xvmc only works for surfaces (frames) up to 720x568 in
> size....Well it *does* work above that size, but something else is
> munged and the picture is overlaid and pixelated with a bright green
> image. Nobody seems to know what causes this.. At least, no-one has
> jumped forward with an answer.. Zhenyu has done great work on xvmc but
> this is NOT xvmc and I don't think he gets paid to play with this even
> though he does work for Intel!

I don't know why high level fails in rendering now, with some HD
(720p, 1080i) clips I tried, first 'I' frame picture is already corrupt
in those larger size, Y component seems right but UV is totally wrong,
although the render pattern (you can set INTEL_XVMC_DUMP to get
'intel_xvmc_dump' file on rendering details) is identical in main level.
I'm seeking ways to clarify this problem.

--
Open Source Technology Center, Intel ltd.

$gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 4D781827