Further notes on 7.4

Rémi Cardona remi at gentoo.org
Wed Jul 2 08:11:10 PDT 2008

Dan Nicholson a écrit :
> http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/metacity/trunk/configure.in?view=markup
> http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/gnome-control-center/trunk/configure.in?view=markup
> http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/gnome-keyring-manager/trunk/configure.ac?view=markup
> http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/gnome-mag/trunk/configure.in?view=markup
> http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/gnome-screensaver/trunk/configure.ac?view=markup

Fair enough, I was wrong :)

> It has to be, after all,
> since Xorg isn't the only X implementation, but it is the only one
> that uses pkg-config.

Is there anyone out there on "recent" systems that doesn't use Xorg
libraries? I mean, even OSX ships Xorg Xlib (with .pc files). I'm not
sure about Solaris, with their Xsun server, if it had its own
implementation of the client-side libs... has this changed with recent
Solaris versions?

Would it be advisable to tell all those packages to use only pkg-config,
ie through a formal deprecation of the AC_PATH_X macros?

Just wondering.

Thanks

--
Rémi Cardona