XEvIE

Willie Walker William.Walker at Sun.COM
Wed Jul 2 09:00:35 PDT 2008

Hi All:

I'm not on xorg at l.f.o, but the below came across my virtual desk today.
  I'm also being led to believe that there is a strong sense of urgency
to make a decision about this immediately, which surprises me since
there is at least one project that currently uses XEvIE.

The main consumer I know of that uses XEvIE is GOK, the GNOME On Screen
Keyboard.  The current GOK maintainer is out on holiday this week, but
I've sent him some questions about XEvIE and the impact of it going away.

I kindly request that the decision to trash XEvIE be postponed until we
hear back from GOK maintainer.  In addition, I'm not well versed in
XEvIE or what's wrong with it.  So, if someone has a pointer to the
discussion regarding issues with XEvIE and what is improper about it, it
would be helpful.

Thanks!

Will