ati-6.9.0 unstable dualhead

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Wed Jul 2 23:34:18 PDT 2008

Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 6:06 PM, Simon Thum <simon.thum at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Alex Deucher wrote:
>> Saw that. FWIW, the first start with git ati .192 made my LCD do something I
>> never saw: A box telling me that the mode needs to be below 1280x1024/75 hz.
>> However this was unreproduceable. Aside from that, it seems to work.
>>

> Are you saying it's working ok now?
Aside from a single failed startup *per server instance*, I must admit
there isn't much to reproduce. In each it was the first time that
horribly failed (and/or looked like earlier issues), since then it
worked OK (for now).

The only thing I can imagine is check for something the PLL code might
depend on, which would be persited or somehow randomly fails (though I'm
yet to see a second failure). Sounds a bit like a memory hole to me, but
really I'm out of ideas what it could have been.

So basically yes.

Regards,
Simon