Resolution indpendence

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sun Jul 6 20:58:09 PDT 2008

Le dimanche 06 juillet 2008 à 17:48 +0200, olafBuddenhagen at gmx.net a
écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Jul 05, 2008 at 01:07:04PM +0200, Olivier Galibert wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 05, 2008 at 12:59:25AM +0200, olafBuddenhagen at gmx.net
> > wrote:
>
> > > I very much doubt that people working with a lot of text will
> > > generally prefer smaller fonts. I'd rather suspect the opposite...
> >
> > You'd be wrong.  From my experience in a research lab where people
> > handles lots of text, people tend to go for the smallest font size
> > their eyesight can cope with.
>
> And what makes you believe that other people would prefer a larger font
> than "the smallest their eyesight can cope with"?...

Why of course we know people in research labs are highly representative,
that's why the litterature is full of texts making fun of mad scientist
quirks.

Not to mention the other population you find in research labs: students
with more health than good sense, searching for the quickest way to put
an end to the first part in the most spectacular way.

But far from me the idea to be amused by this particular example.

--
Nicolas Mailhot