cursor handling and updates inside DRM

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Fri Jul 11 09:23:27 PDT 2008

On Thursday, July 10, 2008 9:14:20 pm Dave Airlie wrote:
> > Right, and it's actually fairly common in other OSes.  It sounds like the
> > biggest chunk of additional code will be dealing with acceleration; I'm
> > not sure how complex the latest algorithms are...  Also input
> > transformation is an unknown, but it's a bit dubious anyway...
>
> Input transform shouldn't matter, as long as you aren't warping the
> cursor around corners etc.. the mouse should still move on the screen
> the same,

Yeah, talked with Keith about this yesterday; I was worried input transform
might actually constrain the cursor to a given trap or something.  Since
that's not the case there should be no problem.

> its only when you click or drag something with it that the X server
> needs to transform it to get to the right window.

There's also cursor warping, but that's easy enough to handle with an ioctl.

Keep up the good work, Tiago!

Thanks,
Jesse