xserver build failling AFTER it works ??

Mon Jul 14 09:16:26 PDT 2008

Chuck Robey wrote:
> Far as that goes, I still can't get the docs built, I don't know what tools to
> use, or after that, the commandline to build them.  I *really* wish you folks
> had used DocBook instead of LinuxDoc, DocBook is far better supported, a far
> wider schema, and it's much better maintained, by a far larger audience.

LinuxDoc is only used for docs that we inherited from XFree86 and which no
one has taken the time to convert.   We did choose DocBook as our standard for
new docs and newly converted docs.   Volunteers to convert the remaining
LinuxDoc books to DocBook are accepted (there was a thread a few weeks ago on
the project of converting all our random formats to DocBook, and a page set up
in the wiki for it).

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com