Which resolution is supported by display hardware ?

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 07:03:20 PDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 4:55 AM, Deepak Bhatia
<deepak.bhatia at nechclst.in> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> We are working on X11R7.1. We want to kindly ask how can we determine which
> resolutions are provided by the display hardware in X11R7.1.

Use the edid from your monitor or look in your monitor's manual to
determine what modes it supports.  As for the GPU hardware, that will
depend on which GPU you are using and what aspect you are interested
in (crtc limits, 2D engine limits, textures limits, 3D engine limits,
etc.).

Alex