revert b59757e468227127b91fff17b523da4deec8b04d

Stefan Dirsch sndirsch at suse.de
Sun Jul 20 22:43:30 PDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 04:43:15PM -0700, Aaron Plattner wrote:
> Driver autoconfiguration doesn't impose anything on anybody.  It simply
> tries to choose the correct default for the most people.

... which in this case makes perfect sense to me. At the time you've
installed the NVIDIA driver you've messed up your system anyway by
replacing GLX extension and libGL at least. So there's no use in
trying to use nv driver any more. But as usual this is all about
politics, and not about chosing the most appropriate driver the user
would expect to get.

Thanks for the patch, Aaron. I appreciate it. I assume most Linux
distributions will apply it. Silently, probably.

Best regards,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0            Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479          D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de            Germany