enabling Composite

Edwin Smulders edwin.smulders at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 13:23:19 PDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 9:51 PM, Jacob Welsh <welshjf at gmail.com> wrote:

> Look at http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_nVidia_GL_Desktop_Effects if you
> haven't already. Compositing works for me on Gentoo with the same card
> and driver version. You should be seeing this in your Xorg.0.log:
>
> (II) NVIDIA(0): Support for GLX with the Damage and Composite X extensions is
> (II) NVIDIA(0):     enabled.
>
> Otherwise, you might try the Gentoo forums. You can't expect X.org
> developers to support a proprietary, 3rd party driver.
>
> Jacob

I'm seeing those 2 lines in my log. I've also looked at that wiki
page, but it assumes that it works after adding the needed lines.

I didn't realise enabling an extension was driverspecific. I don't
expect anything from the developers, I just appreciate any directions
I can get. I will try the Gentoo forums too.