FW: Radeon Desktop Video Cards

Deepak Bhatia deepak.bhatia at nechclst.in
Thu Jul 31 05:55:52 PDT 2008

Please of this message can be put to the xorg members

Hi,

I am trying to run the ATI Radeon 7000 64 MB PCI Card.

The attached xorg.conf.new file is created using "Xorg -configure".

I replace the existing xorg.conf file with the system generated
xorg.conf.new file. Then I run the X-Server again but the system hangs.

Then I did the changes in the device and screen section using the link

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "ATI Technologies, Inc. Radeon 7000 VE (RV100
QY) 1"
        Driver          "radeon"
        BusID           "AGP:1:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "screen1"
        Device          "ATI Technologies, Inc. Radeon 7000 VE (RV100
QY) 1"
        Monitor         "monitor1"
        DefaultDepth    24
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport 0 0
                Depth           24
                Modes           "1280x1024" "1024x768" "832x624"
"800x600" "720x400" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

But I get the following error in Xlog file as  "ATI Technologies, Inc.
Radeon 7000 VE (RV100 QY) 1" driver is not valid for the card attached.

Best Regards

Deepak Bhatia