window resize poor performance

Miguel Angel Alvarez maacruz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 08:39:02 PDT 2008

El Lunes 02 Junio 2008, Michel Dänzer escribió:

> > > Try without that option. :) Note that you need to run opcontrol --reset
> > > before starting again, or the new data will just be accumulated to the
> > > existing one.
> >
> > Hi,
> > Here are the oprofile results. To get this results, I just keep resizing
> > an xterm.
> > oprofile shows most of the time is spent in libpixman doing blt mmx
> > operations, followed by libc with memcpy.
>
> These seem to be using XAA, please try again with EXA.
xserver selects XAA by default
I've switched to EXA and it has some artifacts.
Using kompmgr things are a bit better, but not much. It seems now that too
much time is spent doing memcpy operations.
Using compiz is much worse, too much time spent in libglx __glXDRIbindTexImage

I feel bad about sending these big atachments to the mailing list, so I have
attached the opreports to a bug in bugzilla:
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=16889
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=16890
--
Don't see the world through a window, be open{source}minded, and be free :-)