Wrapping up 7.4 (finally)

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Wed Jun 11 15:13:45 PDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 06:35:08PM -0300, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade wrote:
>  I believe avivo is also already dead?

Its main purpose now is to serve as a good example of a clean and
capable driver for those planning to write new drivers.  A living API
reference (well, if you have certain families of r5xx), if you will.

>  If evdev cannot do the job of synaptics, then synaptics is also something
> that should be looked carefully.

Both avivo and synaptics are currently GPL (I don't see the synaptics
mess being sorted out in time for 7.4), and so will not be considered.

Cheers,
Daniel