Wrapping up 7.4 (finally)

Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade pcpa at mandriva.com.br
Thu Jun 12 13:42:42 PDT 2008

Stephane Marchesin wrote:
>> |   I tried to build nouveau, but it apparently doesn't build nouveau_dri.so
>> | from either mesa 7.0.3 neither a very recent mesa git.  xgixp isn't even
>> | in the master mesa git, but kernel modules are built by default from
>> drm...
>
> Yeah nouveau_dri.so from standard mesa is not supposed to build/work
> any more. We use gallium now.

  You mean one of these mesa branches: gallium-0.1, gallium-0.1-dri,
gallium-0.1-dri2?  I am betting the -dri2 one :-)

>> Eh?  There is not, and probably never will be, a 3D driver for the XGI
>> XP10 chip.
>
> But there are docs and (ahem) sample code for 3D right ? So I wouldn't
> say a definite no :)
  I am not having much luck with mesa master neither the drm-gem branch,
so I "suppose" distros are supposed to ship gallium-0.1-dri2 as the
new "stable" mesa?

  Along wih X Server's server-1.5-branch and drm's libdrm-2_3-branch
as the stable branches?

> Stephane

Thanks,
Paulo