Independent Multimonitor Mode in X11R7.3

Deepak Bhatia deepak.bhatia at nechclst.in
Fri Jun 13 00:12:52 PDT 2008

Dear All,

We are trying to do multihead in X11R7.3 and we wrote the below xorg.conf file but we are not able to get the Independent mode. Kindly help us in resolving the independent mode of multihead.

# Xorg configuration created by system-config-display

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "Multihead configuration"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" Leftof "Screen1"
	Screen      1  "Screen1" 0 0
	Option         "Clone" "off"
	Option         "Xinerama" "off"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# keyboard added by rhpxl
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "kbd"
	Option	    "XkbModel" "pc105"
	Option	    "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "Monitor1"
	VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
	ModelName    "HP L1706 LCD Flat Panel Monitor"
	HorizSync    30.0 - 83.0
	VertRefresh  56.0 - 76.0
	Option	    "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Videocard0"
	Driver      "intel"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Videocard1"
	Driver      "intel"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier "Screen0"
	Device     "Videocard0"
	DefaultDepth     24
	SubSection "Display"
		Viewport   0 0
		Depth     24
		Modes    "1024x768" "832x624" "800x600" "720x400" "640x480"
		virtual  2048 2048
	EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier "Screen1"
	Device     "Videocard1"
	DefaultDepth     24
	SubSection "Display"
		Viewport   0 0
		Depth     24
		Modes    "1024x768" "832x624" "800x600" "720x400" "640x480"
	EndSubSection
EndSection

Thanks,

Deepak Bhatia