Was: Wrapping up 7.4 (finally)

Peter Hutterer peter at cs.unisa.edu.au
Fri Jun 13 06:38:51 PDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 03:10:25PM +0200, Simon Thum wrote:
>> We basically need to go through all device drivers (the popular ones
>> anyway)
>> and analyse what is unnessecarily passed around. However, I'm not sure if
>> that
>> will happen for 1.6, but if you're up for the task, go for it.
> Well, constrained to valuators, I feel up to the task. I don't know the
> state of this [1] but it looks like the approriate framework effort.

Actually, the interesting thing would be to look at the whole DeviceIntPtr and
InputInfo struct and check which information is actually accessed. This should
give us an indication into what is required for the ABI.

> [1] http://www.x.org/wiki/XOrgInputDriverSpec

haven't looked at that for ages. I guess that may be a starting point for
collecting info/ideas.

Cheers,
  Peter