Fonts disappearing, artifacts and segfaults

Michael v.Vierssen machuidel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 03:04:59 PDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 11:07 AM, Alan Cox <alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:

> You appear to be using the Nvidia proprietary driver, so you should
> report your problem to Nvidia.

Okay. I understand.
It is only that exactly the same thing happens when not using the NVidia
card and its closed drivers. I've used the following setups as well:

- Onboard VIA video using the vesa driver.
- Onboard VIA video using the open-source unichrome driver (and internal
AGP).
- Nvidia card using the vesa driver.
- Nvidia card using the open-source NV driver.

All without tainting the kernel in any way.

Will you help me when I send log files using the NV driver instead?

Thank you.