Fonts disappearing, artifacts and segfaults (redone)

Michael v.Vierssen machuidel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 12:24:30 PDT 2008

Hi,
I've done the following:

- Using the NV driver instead of the closed NVidia driver.
  Not tainting the kernel in any way and 3D acceleration disabled.
- Getting a backtrace of Metacity segfaulting. See links.

The crashes and artifacts (see quoted message below) still occur :(

Please see the following links:
http://satl.com/segfaults_and_artifacts/metacity-bt.txt
http://satl.com/segfaults_and_artifacts/xsession-errors
http://satl.com/segfaults_and_artifacts/Xorg.0.log
http://satl.com/segfaults_and_artifacts/xorg.conf
http://satl.com/segfaults_and_artifacts/kernel-log.txt
http://satl.com/segfaults_and_artifacts/lsmod.txt
http://satl.com/segfaults_and_artifacts/lspci.txt
http://satl.com/segfaults_and_artifacts/lshw.txt

Could it be the hardware? And where should I look next?

Thank you ;)