xorg build problems: dtrace script

Chuck Robey chuckr at telenix.org
Thu Jun 19 05:41:27 PDT 2008

Chuck Robey wrote:
>> Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
>>> You can get the build to work by completely disabling the use of dtrace
>>> with --without-detrace passed to ./configure, iirc.
>
> I just tried that from the top using CONFFLAGS, it fails.  it's late here, I'll
> try it from the dix dir tomorrow.  Either way, it's a failure, so I'll both be
> interested why it doesn't know what a uid_t is, and also why it doesn't react to
> CONFFLAGS.  The only question is whether it works if it gets that flag locally.
>
>>> I have noticed that this is only necessary on FreeBSD/amd64.  It works
>>> fine with FreeBSD/i386.

Asking on the FreeBSD-current mailing list got me a referenmce to a mail by John
Birrel, a recent one, howing that they have disabled dtrace in ALL of their X
ports (not only amd64, x86 also).  I would suggest that it makes a lot more
sense, temporarily, for the xorg build to block this directly, for all FreeBSD.
 Not that it matters to me, now that I know the answer, I'll get past this.