How to build xorg-server 1.5?

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 11:34:01 PDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 11:27 AM, Mohan Parthasarathy
<suruti94 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 10:43 AM, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 10:34 AM, Mohan Parthasarathy
>> <suruti94 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Finally, i was able to run everything successfully for ATI Radeon 1650
>> > using
>> > 1.5.99.1 though there is still some problem in
>> > compilation under xdemos as it is not including XDamage. Perhaps i am
>> > missing something..
>>
>> How are you building mesa? Are you using ./configure or are you using
>> "make linux-dri" or something like that? What platform is this on? Is
>> libGL being linked to libXdamage?
>
> That was the problem. libGL was pointing to /usr/lib/libXdamage. My X stuff
> is all under "modular".
> But including option --x-includes and --x-libraries when configuring mesa
> still makes libGL.so point
> to /usr/lib/. What option should i use for using the X includes and libs
> under "modular" which was
> populated when building X.

Are you setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH? Mesa will first try to find the X
libraries through pkg-config, which will be true for you since you're
building for Xorg. If you aren't putting $youdirectory/lib/pkgconfig
at the front of PKG_CONFIG_PATH, pkg-config will only search in the
system paths, /lib and /usr/lib. Read docs/autoconf.html in the mesa
tree.

--
Dan