mpx

Peter Hutterer peter at cs.unisa.edu.au
Sat Jun 28 18:38:41 PDT 2008

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 11:20:59PM +0200, Pupino wrote:
>    I would like to know which release of xorg has the support for mpx.
>    I've tryed the last version available for my distro (gentoo) that is
>    7.3 and seem that there's no mpx support, maybe it's my fault and I
>    have to configure something?
>    If the 7.3 version has no mpx support is it inculded in the git
>    repositories?
>    In other words, what is the best way to get a X server with mpx
>    support?

You need to get the git version of the xserver. Neither 7.3 nor the upcoming
7.4 will have support for mpx. 7.5 may have it, depening on how we go in the
next few months I guess.

As Corbin said, you can use the git version, but then you must recompile all
drivers, which will naturally cause issues with the binary graphics drivers.

Cheers,
  Peter