Radeon MC setup cleanup

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Sun Mar 2 12:17:48 PST 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-02 at 18:45 +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 22:20 +0100, Maciej Cencora wrote:
> >
> > There's only one thing to do. Restore/Save memmap regs only when dri is
> > enabled.
>
> I'm not sure, but I think there might be cases where it's necessary even
> when the DRI is disabled. I'm CC'ing Benjamin Herrenschmidt, who did the
> last rework in this area.

I haven't followed the whole discussion... but there is definitely a
need to save/restore the memmap for things like suspend/resume, and
interaction with a few other things (though at this stage I would hope
radeonfb not to change the memmap, but instead adapt to the change done
by X, though that is to be tested).

Ben.