Preventing screensaver when playing movie?

Graeme Gill graeme2 at argyllcms.com
Mon Mar 3 05:39:03 PST 2008

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Nevertheless, existing systems will be replaced by new systems
> eventually, and getting these new systems in shape requires reporting
> problems now. That is the only way to go forward, the alternative
> (piling workarounds over workarounds) does not scale.

The issue was raised and discussed a little while ago. The
response was that the author of xscreensaver was well known
to be a difficult author with strong views, and that
for gnome screensaver "we are moving on to dbus".

There's only so far you can push such a topic amongst open source
developers before getting the usual "go away" response of "patches welcome".

Graeme Gill.