Xephyr for multiterminal

Tiago Vignatti vignatti at c3sl.ufpr.br
Mon Mar 3 08:58:11 PST 2008

davor emard escreveu:
> To use Xephyr efficiently for multiterminal I think several
> commandline options are needed:
>
> -display :0.1
> -geometry 640x800+640+0
> -mouse wheel support for evdev or mouse
>
> -display seems not implemented so we have to wrap Xephyr in
> some script that modifies DISPLAY:0.1 environment variable.
>
> -display patch has been posted in this mailing list and it works
> don't know if it will be soon in git repository

This is an odd situation because it can be considered as a
feature-bloat. We already can do this only setting the DISPLAY
environment, so we really want a -display option inside the server? I
think not.

> Can someone fix it from evdev (preferrably) or mouse
> (in case evdev fix is too cumbersome) Xephyr's driver

Skip mouse driver ;) I pushed a code of evdev to work against Xephyr
some time ago and it's working very well here. Did you cloned the last
fd.o git repositories?

You also mentioned something regarding -geometry. I heard from someone
that -parent and -fullscreen combo could be useful to do what you want.
The other option would be to use DevilsPie  (but I never tested both).

So, you probably can set up a multiseat using Xephyr solution with
everything on upstream :)

my regards,

--
Tiago Vignatti
C3SL - Centro de Computação Científica e Software Livre