Xephyr for multiterminal

davor emard davoremard at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 17:51:31 PDT 2008

I managed to compile xephyr from the latest git,
and have 2 extra problems to solve (apart from -geometry patch
discussed in more detail in other thread)

1. Compiled binary doesn't pull xkb keyboard definitions from
already installed debian. On evdev keyboard I have to press
one key left on the keyboard to get the key e.g  I press A to get
S, press S to get D etc. How to specifiy location of xkb stuff
in commandline options. I tried --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
but that's not enough obviously

2. evdev mouse wheel still doesn't work for latest git :-(. that was
the most important feature i was hoping to get from the latest
git. This is commandline  option I tried for ordinary logitech
2-button + wheel usb optical mouse)

-mouse evdev,5,device=/dev/input/by-path/pci-0000:00:1d.0-usb-0:1:1.0-event-mouse