Native win32 port of libX11 using MinGW - help pls

Jeetu Golani jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 12:18:57 PDT 2008

Hi all,

Thanks Jamie for writing in...yup the links you've sent may just have
some info I could use.

For now what I'm doing is trying to apply the defines generated during
a configure on linux i.e. the config.h generated to the source files
and statically linking it to my test Xclient - earlier I was able to
get the code to link and the Xclient to function within windows but it
performed a little flaky - I needed to comment out a few lines within
XOpenDisplay....it works with one Xserver but doesn't work with
others...that sort of thing.....I'm guessing that the code execution
path isn't complete because i hadn't given any of the defines so
things like XCB never got compiled in......once I have something that
works - the defines - then maybe I can work on writing my own makefile
which generates a dll

Any suggestions on which defines you think a Windows port should have
would be great......more references to the win32 build environment
which at one time existed (i think) would be great......will look into
the Xming links too.

Pl feel free to throw in any thoughts :)

Bye for now