Bringing up xf86-video-intel 2.2.1 without a monitor connected

Simon Farnsworth simon.farnsworth at onelan.co.uk
Mon Mar 17 08:37:24 PDT 2008

Hello,

We've recently upgraded to the 2.2.1 version of the intel driver (from
git b31bef1a8effa9acb6de7edd206b9d8c48d88144), and now find that we must
plug a monitor into our systems in order to get them to start X.

I can't see any changes in the code that would cause this, although
there has been quite a lot of churn in that area.

Adding a modeline hasn't helped; I've attached my config file and
Xorg.log in the hope that someone knows what I need to do to fix things.
--
Thanks in advance for any help,

Simon Farnsworth