secondary selection buffers, how to get it working?

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Fri Mar 21 06:59:49 PDT 2008

Hello everybody,

I installed debian sid with a clean debootstrap and I can't get my
secondary selection clipboard buffer working, I have installed:
x11-apps, xcliboard, autocutsel. However selected text does seems to
appear in my buffers, or be pastable with my middle mouse.

However I am not an expert on this, so how can I test if my primary and
secondary buffers are working. What are the set-up requirements and how
debug and solve my problem. What packages do I need and do I need to run
a daemon that I am not aware of, or use some xset option to set it all up?

Please help. this issue really pains and irritates me.

Kind regards,

Jelle