18/24 bit LVDS output with "i810" or "intel" driver

Jan Kandziora jjj at gmx.de
Sat May 3 12:52:13 PDT 2008

Am Samstag, 3. Mai 2008 00:14 schrieb Eric Anholt:

> Option "LVDS24Bit" "YES"
>
> Looks like Zhenyu failed to fix the manpage when he committed the patch.

Thanks! That's the option I need.

I have tried to compile the latest git sources, but ./autogen.sh failed with

checking for mprotect... yes
./configure: line 21336: syntax error near unexpected token `XINERAMA,'
./configure: line 21336: `XORG_DRIVER_CHECK_EXT(XINERAMA, xineramaproto)'

I commented this out (and the following lines, as they have thrown a similar
error) and got at least to

checking for PCIACCESS... configure: error: Must have X server >= 1.3 source
tree for mode setting code. Please specify --with-xserver-source

Ok, now I need to prepare the sources.

About the first error messages: Is it ok to comment out line 21336ff.? Or is
there something I am missing?

I there a stable version available which has the LVDS24Bit option inside?

Kind regards

	Jan
--
A bureaucrat's idea of cleaning up his files
is to make a copy of everything before he destroys it.