Fw: vmmouse and GPM (console mouse)

Vinay Reddy vinayvinay at gmail.com
Sun May 4 20:28:53 PDT 2008

>  I was playing with this thing and found something interesting.
>  When you start X windows with graphics driver = "vesa" and mouse driver =
> "vmmouse" it behaves exactly as mine program. So you can leave window, but
> not enter.
>
>  So I thing vmmouse will work only with VMWare SVGA modes.

Sorry for not getting back earlier; your email got buried in a pile of messages.

When VMware's SVGA driver is not running, we can't warp the mouse
cursor inside the guest. Doing an auto-grab in this case would cause
the mouse to jump elsewhere (leading to poor user experience), so
auto-grab is turned off (at least I think that's the reason).

Thanks,
Vinay