How to load a per-user xkbmap?

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Fri May 9 02:37:54 PDT 2008

also sprach Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> [2008.05.09.0956 +0100]:
> What are you actually trying to achieve here? RALT in the gb
> layout is already bound to useful modifiers and such for third
> level.  Do you just want to change the 3 key to also be able to
> generate ³?

It was just an example. Let's say I wanted to make the 3 key
generate

  3, #, ³, <sterling> (plain, shift, mode_switch, mode_switch+shift)

and I wanted right control and the menu key to generate mod3. How
would you do it, using xkb, not xmodmap?

"the less you know about computers the more you want micro$oft!"
                                -- micro$oft ad campaign, circa 1996
(proof that micro$oft's advertising _isn't_ dishonest!)

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net