Poor compositing performance on 965Q chipset with intel 2.2.1 driver

Barry Scott barry.scott at onelan.co.uk
Mon May 12 09:20:06 PDT 2008

Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 17:48 +0100, Barry Scott wrote:
>
>> Are you saying that there are accelerations that are done for the Q35
>> and 945 that the 965Q cannot do?
>>

> No, just that the driver may still be less efficient for the latter than
> for the former.

What I am trying to do is plan when we update to a newer Xorg, DRI, kernel
etc so that we can get a fix to the performance problems with the 965Q.
Once we know what the gating factors are it is easy for me to figure out
what
to do.

Does this come down to needing the batch buffers work to get good
compositing
performance for the 965Q?

Barry