radeon 9000 (rv250) dvi 1920x1200 troubles
alexdeucher at gmail.com
Tue May 13 05:49:03 PDT 2008
On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 8:10 AM, Andre Puschmann
<andre.puschmann at stud.tu-ilmenau.de> wrote:
> Hey folks,
> I am having problems to get my brand new 24" tft to work with its native
> resolution of 1920x1200px.
> Its a VideoSeven V7 D24W33 and its connected via DVI to a Dell Latitude
> I am using Ubuntu 7.10 but I also tried 8.04 (live-cd) with the same
> Xrandr detects the monitor and even its resolutions successfully.
> However, if i try to switch to 1920x1200 the tft stays black.
> I guess there is something going wrong with the video frequencies. But I
> am not sure what.
> I also tried a bunch of modelines found with google and also generated
> with cvt.
> The maximum resolution I get is 1680x1050.
> Any comments are more than welcome.
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "1920x1200"x60.0 154.00 1920 1968 2000 2080
1200 1203 1209 1235 -hsync +vsync (74.0 kHz)
the problem is you are using xserver 1.3 which had a bug when parsing
sync polarity from edid. the sync polarities are reversed and many
LCDs don't like that. try the following modeline:
Modeline "1920x1200R" 154.00 1920 1968 2000 2080 1200 1203 1209
1235 +hsync -vsync
xrandr --newmode "1920x1200R" 154.00 1920 1968 2000 2080 1200 1203
1209 1235 +hsync -vsync
xrandr --addmode DVI-0 "1920x1200R"
xrandr --output DVI-0 --mode "1920x1200R"
Check to see if your distro provides a patch to fix that or upgrade to
a newer xserver.
More information about the xorg