MPX and multitouch

Jordi Polo mumismo at gmail.com
Tue May 13 08:09:43 PDT 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 1:13 AM, Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> wrote:

> On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 04:44:27PM +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 00:10 +0900, Jordi Polo wrote:
> > > To further clarify it, I will not create gestures from multiple cursor
> > > devices but from single multitouch devices.
> > > The basic idea is take the events from X, convert them to QEvents,
> > > give them to a library to create gestures and send gestures and events
> > > that wasn't recognized as gestures to KDE apps.
> >
> > Is there a lower level this can work at, such that the library is useful
> > to non KDE applications as well?
> >
> > It would be nice if this kind of logic would behave uniformly across a
> > platform, whether an app uses QT, GTK, other..
>
> If someone wants to design a cross-toolkit library that does this, I'm
> sure they'd be more than welcome. :)

I don't feel very comfortable out of Qt but I agree that doing it so that it
can be reused is the best solution. I guess that it can eventually be
proposed for fd.o.
I will ask to the KDE people if they would use a non-qt lib for something
like that.

Anyway, I don't find any reference to the blobs events in the MPX web.
Tomorrow I will try to compile it (it seems difficult)

--
Jordi Polo Carres
NLP laboratory - NAIST