MPX merge coming up

Brian Rogers brian_rogers at comcast.net
Wed May 14 02:21:59 PDT 2008

Peter Hutterer wrote:
> If you only ever use one cursor and one keyboard focus, you should not notice
> any differences. If you do, please file a bug.

MPX-related bug reports would typically belong in the Input/Core
component, I'm guessing? Should I assign to you or CC you?

I have been playing with MPX, and I've noticed two bugs.

1. Qt-based scrollbars don't respond to mouse input.
2. Applications grabbing the pointer can crash X.

Both of these issues trigger even with just one pointer, but I checked
the master branch and they don't occur there.

Issue 1 can be seen in Konsole, for example, and issue 2 can be seen by
running Planet Penguin Racer and starting a race. Alternatively, you can
run dosbox and hit ctrl-F10 to grab the cursor. Then on mouse movement,
it crashes.

The log file has plenty of these:

[mi] Unknown event type, cannot change id.

Followed by this:

Fatal server error:
Bad valuators reported for device ImPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse