[ANNOUNCE] New X modesetting driver

Alan Hourihane alanh at fairlite.demon.co.uk
Wed May 28 05:42:12 PDT 2008

I've just pushed an initial simple version of a modesetting X driver.

It can do resize, and there's no DRI support yet, but I think I'll just
do DRI2 only at this time. There's plenty of stub routines that need
filling in yet.

Also, there's stubs for EXA which I'll be implementing to call into
gallium's pipe driver directly to avoid any loss of performance.

Additionally, I'm planning to also support glucose within this driver to
allow for switching acceleration interfaces.

The code is at

git://git.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-modesetting.

I'm currently using a 915GM test machine, but I hope to remove the PCI
detection code and make it more generic so it just works with the
underlying specified BusID which is drmOpen's anyway.

Alan.