xorg git build fail

Andy Furniss lists at andyfurniss.entadsl.com
Thu May 29 12:36:09 PDT 2008

Hi,

I guess this is related to the recent gentoo specific post, but I am not
sure and wonder if there is a workaround for me trying to build
everything into a separate tree on a 7.2 based LFS. I managed to do this
OK a few weeks ago.

Using the guide - http://wiki.x.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide

tree pulled last night with the git_xorg_script and built with
util/modular/build.sh with paths set and -m /path/to/mesa (git)

tried setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH and GL_LIBS but it still failed -

checking for GL... configure: error: Package requirements (glproto >=
1.4.9 gl >= 7.1.0) were not met:

No package 'gl' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GL_CFLAGS
and GL_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

***** autogen.sh failed on xserver/

TIA

Andy.