color management spec

Maarten Maathuis madman2003 at gmail.com
Sat May 31 14:22:57 PDT 2008

On 5/31/08, Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am 31.05.08, 22:14 +0200 schrieb Maarten Maathuis:
>

>  > It would be a good idea to ask someone what the price of a
>  > implementation would be at the level of a compositing manager, maybe
>  > even make a draft fragment shader. Because whatever you think up has
>  > to fit a typical gpu, otherwise it's a disaster waiting to happen.
>

> Arent there already applications, which stream full frame videos (YUV)?

Yes, but YUV to RGB conversion can be done with a simple linear
equation. My concern is that if  you want some kind of non-linear
color mapping, it may not be so easy. I'm no expert, so i'm merely
giving the suggestion to let someone familiar with a lowish level
shader language (ARB for example) verify that want you want is
feasable in terms of performance.