libdrm 2.4.1

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Sun Nov 2 12:14:45 PST 2008

On Sun, 2008-11-02 at 20:06 +0100, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> On Thursday 30 of October 2008, Eric Anholt wrote:
> > New libdrm release to fix the symbol name collision between Mesa 7.2 and
> > libdrm_intel.
>
> soname version should be changed when doing such incompatible change :-/

Assuming that distros were integrating things in order, they would have
tried to update the following versions

mesa 7.0.3 -> mesa 7.2
libdrm 2.3 -> libdrm 2.4.0
intel-2.4.2 -> intel-2.5.0

And they would have found that libdrm 2.4.0 broke things and not
integrated it.  So our answer is "we don't care about people who
integrated 2.4.0, as it was broken".  Thanks to Dave Airlie for tracking
it down quickly and making me fix it.

--
Eric Anholt
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com